Friday, August 17, 2012

love letter to bacon


Dear Bacon,

You know I love you. I love how you're there for me every morning, crispy and ruffled so pretty. You're in my thoughts when we're apart.. and there's nothing quite like when I see you sitting there, waiting for me....

But I have to tell you... I have been unfaithful.

It didn't mean anything, I promise! And I thought of you the entire time... mostly.

It's just I had a need; you weren't there. I don't mean that as blaming you, dear, salty Bacon, only that I was... weak. And needy.

I... gosh, this is so hard to say. I only ate the vegan enchilada.. and the rice and beans. (It brought friends! I couldn't be rude and not spend time with them, too!) It's not like what you and I share. Really. Yes, it was spicy and... different. Exciting, really...

But it was only once. And I thought of you.. towards the end (after the clean-up, but let's not dwell).

It's just that, well, Bacon, I can't have you all the time, you see. So as much as I love you (and I do!), I just can't have only you... any more than you can only have me.

See, I know that you let others eat you, and hot, delicious Bacon.... that's ok. I understand, I really do. And I want you to make others happy, if that's what makes you sizzle.

I do so, so love you, Bacon, and I think this could be really lovely for both of us. Maybe tomorrow morning, you could invite your friend, Eggs, to join us. And I'd *love* see you in a sandwich, all slathered and stuffed, hot and salty.

Please, strips of goodness, know that I didn't mean for it to happen this way between us... but I do love you, and hope you'll understand.

Me

2 comments: