Sunday, November 3, 2013

mission statement

A friend asked during a recent conversation if I'd ever written a mission statement. I hadn't, purposefully avoided the tension the mere idea created for me - for years - until I attended a conference recently. There was a moment, sitting in a sunlight-washed room, I could see where how my life had a theme and how what had happened to me could be used to do something big and worthy. And the words to convey that popped in my head.

To return dignity to the violated however, wherever, whenever it is needed so there are more survivors and fewer victims; To not tell people what to think or how, but to show why they should; And live to such a robust, affecting life it's obvious I couldn't have done it on my own.

Or, to convey faith alone in Christ alone, for His glory alone. And to really enjoy chocolate.

It was originally supposed to be a blog-only mission statement, but it's sort of become a life mission statement. Trying to view it through the lens of my writing morphs it a bit:

To write so a person who doesn't know me or have a vested interest in my life would appreciate the word choices, the idea presented, and gain something worthy from the experience.

I'm no Scott Harrison or Jenna Lee Nardella, but there're plans for my life, a theme, a reason.

And now, a mission statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment